View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #872
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thr

As already stated, Barca showed NOTHING save for one player, Iniesta. The much touted duo of Messi and Eto'o were KIDS playing a man's game, they had no speed nor talent to break through and create chances. If anything, Chelsea, even with just 30%+ possession created WAY more chances to score. Possesion means nothing in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea played a very tactical game and the first 20 minutes of second half, when they decided to play attacking football, it was Barca who had no answers and were lucky enough to have an idiot for a ref. Have no idea how UEFA selects officials, but then again, the last thing Platini wanted was to have yet another all English final. Platini should resign and stay away from any decision making, he is a discriminatory idiot, no matter his prior accomplishments.

As for the final, Barca were shown that they cannot play a fast, physical game and United should have an easy time, IMO. 2 of Barca's back line are out and if they could not cope with Chelsea's attack (Drogba and Anelka are not really that good a pair), then coping with a full brunt of Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez and Berbatov will be a whole new story, and I do expect them all to play at least part of the game. I think both Scoles and Giggs will start in the mid to make history and appreciate their years with the club, along with Carrick and Anderson, then Scoles and Giggs will make way for Park and Tevez, at least that's how I'd play them, infuse great energy of Park and Tevez against (by then) tired Barca legs. Barca are good in Spain and nowhere else.
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote