View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Smartphone mount for car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I’ve been using this one for more than 2 years now.
iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Universal Phone Holder Amazon link

It’s been solid. The mount has held up the whole time without replacing the sticky pad that holds it in place. The arm extends out far which was a key feature for me.
I love the design on this one, it worked well for me to position the phone where I needed it better than a vent mount.

I will add however, get the genuine iOttie version!! Buddy had one, I liked it, so I saved a few bucks and got the 1/2 prize ebay knockoff. Worked great. For 6 months. Now it's in a landfill. Moral of the story, get the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
+1. I am looking for a good magnetic charging mount for my iPhone X.
I really like the simplicity of the magnetic mounts. Downside to magnetic for many phones is the weight. My wife had a non-magnetic phone, and just stuck the magnet in the back of her case.

Long story short, her phone weighs a ton now!

But it is slick.