i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation
Default Re: Blackberry or Iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Doesn't this somewhat depend on your mail server? From what I understand Windows Mobile is the only phone OS that can receive push e-mail from an Exchange server.

That's why I asked if you use Exchange at your work. If not then it doesn't make as much difference as far as pushing/pulling e-mail.
Sort of. From what I understand, you have to have email from a service that offers push in order for it to work on the iPhone. That means 3 main options: Gmail, business email from an Exchange server, or MobileMe. That said, I thought there were some power management issues associated with iPhone's push.

BlackBerry, on the other hand, has BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) which acts as an intermediary between your email and your phone. BIS makes *any* email "pushed" to your phone in more-or-less realtime.

The pros and cons of BB vs. iPhone can go back and forth. Like I said before: if I was made of money, I'd probably do the iPhone. I'm a huge Mac fanboy; but I'm very happy with my choice to go with BB.

Ultimately, no one else can make this decision for you, though. You just need to go to the store and try both out for a little bit.

Join the CA Lottery (clicky). It's fun!!!
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote