Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
The easiest way to do it is to open up the pic in photoshop or GIMP and find the color you want to preserve. These instructions are for PS, Gimp is pretty much the same, however.

Select it with the magic wand (and if you uncheck the "contiguous" box, it will select everything of that color)... you can fine tune what you select by using the lasso tool and the shift button to add to your selections or the alt button to subtract from it if you grab too much... zooming in is very helpful in this process.

Anyway, once you select everything of the color you want, right click and choose "select inverse" (you have to be on the "rectangle" select tool to find that in the right click menu... you could also "select inverse" from Select --> Select Inverse... or you could use [ctrl]+[shift]+[i]) and then go to Image --> Adjustments --> Desaturate.

That's how to do it. If this isn't clear enough, I can do a little pictoral tutorial for it... it's damned easy.

I was teaching one of Shell's young cousins how to do this and here's the result of her attempt... only took about 15 minutes her first time (note that she also grabbed the flowers on the lapel, also):

I've been doing this the hard way apparently, I'm still a little dense on PS so pictorial lesson would be great
McSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote