Old 05-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hottop Price Increase

I watched the video on the Quest and really like a lot of the little things it does.

I learned a while ago that an extra few hundred dollars can make a world of difference with coffee equipment, although in this case, it's more than a few hundred.

I've also been out of the loop for a while as my Behmor has been doing a good job and when I left off, it was the HT that was getting all the talk and I wasn't even aware of the Quest until you put up the link.

I also remember the back and forth I went through before getting my Macap grinder and Brasilia E61 machine and couldn't imagine life without either.

For me, it's a matter of dealing with something I use every day and get so much enjoyment from and buyer's remorse has never hit me when I went for the top end stuff, but regret has hit me when I went for what I thought was sufficient.

I freaked out the other day when my Brasilia wouldn't turn on and the outlets all checked out fine in the wall.

All I could think about was breaking out the old Gaggia from storage and the horror of not having my chrome queen Brasilia.

I rushed to Coffegeek seeking advice as it was the Friday of the rapture and I wasn't sure if the tech support guys at Brasilia would ever be back to take my call and it was situation critical.

After a closer inspection, it turned out that one of the hoses in the water resevior was pushed onto the auto trip where it turns off if the water gets to low to prevent boiler burnout.

The sound of the pump firing up was such a wonderful sound.

Odd hobby this coffee is.

Last edited by floydpink; 05-24-2011 at 04:09 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote