View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #42
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need beads! There a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitis View Post
This to me is the most important thing. We all need humidity retained, but a lot of it has to do with how quickly it regains the level when the humi is opened for some ammount of time. I do assume that kitty litter can have a much greater fluctuation and still work appropriatly for its appliation.
~Vitis
Actually, Kitty Litter fails miserably in the situation you mentioned.
It's best suited for long storage where the humi is very seldom opened.
Even at that, it still takes up a huge amount of space in order to be useful.
If space isn't an issue, the ambient is relatively stable, and the humi isn't opened often, Kitty Litter can be made useful.
Value-wise, it still sucks though.
A guy can use a couple pans of wetted sodium nitrate in his humi and hold a perfect 65% for FAR less money and use up FAR less floor space.
Once again, it's all about what makes me happy.
I'd pay 15 bucks for kitty litter if sodium nitrate was the only thing available because I wouldn't have to worry about spills or salt-crawl. There are many options out there that are far more appealing to me than either of those things, so I choose to go that way.
I think my "bottom line" is that I want the very best and most reliable solution that takes a minimal amount of maintenance. I have a LOT of money tied up in my cigars. More importantly, I want them to smoke good. I don't want to have to fuss with my humidor all the time to keep the environment stable.
If a product delivers on those levels, I'm going to be happy. If it doesn't work, I'm not going to be happy.
If another product provides an improvement over the one I'm using, I'm going to switch if and when I can, so long as I can afford it.

Last edited by shilala; 11-13-2008 at 11:50 AM.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote