View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation
Default Re: Why do most people seem to have a negative opinion of Macanudos?

I don't think most people do have a negative opinion of Macs. I think that the negative perception is limited more to a nucleus of hard core cigar smokers that prefer something stronger. Most forum members fall into that hard core group, and those are the opinions you tend to see posted.

I gave one to a buddy a while back who isn't a smoker, and he enjoyed the hell out of it. I gave him something I figured he'd like, rather than blow him away with a 601 or a Chisel.

Likewise, I have a friend who is a cigar smoker but who doesn't like 'em quite as strong as I do. If I give him a cigar, I try to base it more on what I know he likes rather than giving him what I like. He's been smoking a long time and just has different tastes than I do. He'd like the Mac much more than an Opus.

I even know a guy who loves Grape Swishers. But he's just sick. We won't get into that here. That's just a sad situation.

Macs are mild, but they're also a well constructed, hand rolled, premium cigar. If your Uncle enjoys them, I don't see a problem. He could do a lot worse.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote