View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #20
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hmm... got a pipe... now what? :confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
That is cool. I'm envious.
Thats one reason I go to garage sales, in hopes of finding a box full of pipes like that.
Give this stem cleaner a try. Works great.
http://www.walkerbriarworks.com/html...store_kit.html
Wow...that's a helluva find, Francis...since you're new to pipe smoking I'd reconsider trying to refurbish any of those yourself without knowing whether the pipe is a good one or not...perhaps list the names here (or at least the ones that have names and are readable) so we can give you a bit of guidance as to what you've got...then I think if it were me, I'd take a couple of the decent ones and send them to Dave Wolff, above, at Walker Briar Works, for cleaning, sterilizing, and general refurbishing...he does great work...if you want to try your hand at it yourself, good luck, and make sure you start on what would be called basket pipes...the kind you used to find for $10-$15 in a basket, in a pipe store, i.e., the low end ones...you might have a few there with some value in them once they're restored...