View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aristocrat Sealing Issues

Colin, have you checked that door front with a straight edge to see how warped it is?
There's an easy way to pull out a warp like that, well, easy if you have a shop.
But you could mess with it a bit and see what happens by just using a few bungie cords and a dowel (or a pen) and a bottle of distilled water and some garbage bags or plastic.

I'd tape plastic on the inside opening to hold in my humidity first.
Then wrap the door very loosely. make it so you can close the top of the bag off good.
Spray the back of the door liberally with water. (You'll want to repeat this part as necessary over the course of a couple days at least.)
Close the door with the pen stuck in the door on the non-hinge side.
Bungie the whole top of the unit around the door, and do the bottom too.
That should pull the warp out, and it should stay out.

You'll have to work with the size of the pen, maybe use a dowel or something. I'd use about twice the diameter of the warp, as read using the straight edge.

I'd probably shellac the backside and clamp it up, but that's a little excessive to do without a shop.