Thread: Apple iMac
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #9
badbriar

Default Re: Apple iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
So I need a new computer for this house. My daughter is starting to get homework when she needs a word processer and printer, we don't have either. Thinking about getting an iMac.

Does an iMac come preloaded with a Word type program or do I need to purchase office?

Is it worth the $200 to go from the 1.6GHz to the 2.8GHz processer? I have ZERO knowledge of computers.....ZERO. In fact, other than thinking that means "faster"....don't even know what that means.

This will be something to do homework on, surf the net, process photos, listen to Pandora. We do not game.

Only reason I'm thinking Mac, which appears to be significantly more, is that we have obviously gravitated to Apple products. All of us have iPhones, have 2 iPads ect.
Good machines and wickedly fast. Look at the memory as well. That will have a great bearing on speed, ability to work large files and multitask. I work on a windows machine at work with windows7 - horrible pc. Go home to a mac mini, which is a Ferrari in comparison.