Old 10-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Considering a cruise.....

It depends upon whether you are planning to do something on your own in port, or if you are going with a cruise-line-provided excursion. I prefer the latter, because although a little costly, the excursion people work with the cruise line to ensure that you are back in port on time**. Also, the cruise lines make sure that the excursion vendors meet their standards.

My wife and son did a sailboat racing excursion in St. Maarten and really enjoyed it. I did an island tour with my younger son that was also very good. At other times we also just walked around on our own -- sightseeing and shopping.

We did an island tour on St. Thomas that was also pretty good -- very scenic island. We also had time for sightseeing on our own and shopping.

In Puerto Rico my wife did a Zip-Line excursion and I went on a tour of the Bicardi Rum distillery. Was a great tour. Afterwards we both had time to do some sightseeing and shopping.

All of these ports are great places to visit. What cruise line are you on (or considering)?

** - This is important because if an excursion finishes late, the ship will wait. If you are on your own and late, the ship will leave without you.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote