5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whats in your bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Hows Westminster? When I was into English blends I heard Westminster wqas one of the best english's out there. Now that I rarely smoke english tobacco I havent actually found out if it was "the one"
I'm still in the "learning" phase with Westminster. It's definelty top of the line tobacco, as are all of GLP's blends. It is pretty straight forward at first. Lots of latakia, with the orientals and Va's way in the back. But the last 1/3 of the bowl, the orientals started poking through, as did the VA's which really made it interesting. I'm not sure why they waiting until the final part to come along. I'd like to find something with less latakia, and more orientals to try to be honest. I enjoy a latakia blend dont get me wrong, but I'm starting to want less of it. If I want latakia I'll just reach for a lat bomb. But I'm trying to find something thats not so Lat right in my face so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel View Post
Frank, let that Dark Star dry out some... it is almost impossible to keep lit the way it comes out of the tin.
I read a lot of reviews on it, and plan on well drying it before hand. As I do most McClelland VA tobaccos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Well, have gone through my aromatics now. I liked most of them, some not so much, some provided tongue bite that was most unpleasant. A few of the stand-outs:

Tobacco Barn Cambridge
4noggins McRaspberry
Lane 1-Q

I'll now try the non-aros that some nice members here have sent me to try.
1-Q is a staple for me. I always keep a jar with 4-8 ounces on my desk. If a blend I'm trying turns out to be a stinker, I usually just fill some 1-Q up and smoke that. Plus it's damn cheap.