View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #1263
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread

Earlier this year (2016), a Rusticated Bent Brandy was being offered for sale on another site, and after it was passed-up on several posts, I decided to step-in and grab it:

I've enjoyed the Brandy so much so, that in September 2016, I thought it would be great to have a companion pipe for the Brandy (as it gets lonely), and asked piper Todd Harris if he would be so kind as to consider doing a rusticated bent Poker that would be somewhat similar to the Brandy. Todd said yes, and we corresponded back and forth, throwing diagrams and thoughts at each other, and immediately came to a meeting of the minds. Here's the finished Poker:

I love the rustication work, and his workmanship performed on his pipes. The Poker is 5 1/2 " in length and bowl height is 2 3/16". The Brandy is 5 1/2" in length and bowl height is 1 3/4". Both pipes have great draws and hold plenty of my favorite tobacco's. Here's both side by side:

If you've not tried a Todd Harris pipe, you may want to check-out his web page here:http://taharris.wixsite.com/turningsbytodd