View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #1294
renton20
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (13)
Bolivar
renton20 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: It's happening

Although I am not nearly as eloquent as many who have already posted I feel a strong desire to express my feeling about what is going on over there in a place where I will not be punished for it, i.e. not there. I joined clubstogie because I had a few questions about cigars that I wanted answered. What I found was a community of people who were truly passionate about something that they enjoyed.

I was told to start trading and received a great selection including my first ISOM as a result. More than that, with the trading I really began to feel as I have never before in my life that the world is a very small place. The fact that I could take some cigars, package them up, and for $5 send them from MN to SC in two days blew my mind.

Even more, the fact that some one who had years of cigar experience on me was willing, even eager, to send me something simply because he thought that I would enjoy it took me a little time to understand.

The point that I am trying to get to is that JC bought a business but lost, through his own mismanagement, its soul. He will still make money on it because of the size, which is all he really cares about. I think that I am simply going to stop logging on. The soul and the community is here. People that I know and feel privileged to call friends are here. I just feel bad for those that called the place home for much longer than I did. I joined back in may. Though I did spend an obsessive amount of time there it must be much worse for those of you who were there for years and years. Let's just keep the spirit alive guys. We may have switched buildings, but it's still the same bar.

Josh