F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: It's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
This is where the problem lies.

This is not just a cyber board. I have met many many people and consider many of you my friends. It's not just a game.

This brings me to my next point. Jon Caputo is a real person as well. Like him or hate him this is not a game to him. He has invested a lot of money and time into this venture. Agree with his business or not this is real life to him. To us maybe it's a stupid forum. To him it's a lot more than that. If you met someone in person and came into their business and started harassing them and saying bad things about them to their clients. You would probibly be sued for slander. How is this any different? Why are we treating another human being this way?

You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to subscribe to the Puff lifestyle. Weather we think he deserves this or not. It's not really our call.

let it go..
Agreed. I've actually been in contact with Jon a few times tonight (I'm just a gotta have the last word kinda guy).

After a request for "constructive feedback", I laid out much of this to him. Many resented him for taking over on the basis of profit. I think this is silly. The board had grown to the point where it could no longer be a hobby for anyone but the wealthy. It is silly to think that it wouldn't turn into that.

However, I did greatly criticize his actions in handling this initial backlash.

In my opinion, he is handled it with very little professionalism. I like to think of it as Walmart moving in on mom and pop. It sucks, but its the nature of the beast. However, for Walmart to start blacklisting people for not liking the change, asking what aisle the depends are in, etc is absolutely horrible business. From the standpoint of the community as well as the business that Jon now runs, its a bad move on his part.

However, I can fully understand Jon's frustration and anger in dealing with many...especially at the outset of the change, who in my opinion took every opportunity to cause trouble in the name of the community...a community which many of them had only been members of for a short period of time.

In my opinion, there has been altogether too much flexing of phony muscle on CS/Puff, from both sides of the aisle.

None of this detracts, in my opinion, from what I have witnessed with Jon, mainly his acting like an asshole, as well as any claims of his dishonesty, which I cannot verify or disprove.