Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: How to Freeze and the Science behind it. Long Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Here a link to an article on temperature resistance, however they make you pay for the full article now:

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi...ournalCode=afs

It was 13C which is roughly 55.5F. There are a couple other ones out of Japan too, and that is the ones I referenced at 63 and 65 degrees, but I'll have to be at work for the links.
Thanks.

BTW, I just re-read what I wrote and I see a few things that were written poorly and could be taken incorrectly. I was trying to stress that something didn't require any highly advanced knowledge, and was not trying to point anything bad at you. Apologies if there was any misunderstanding there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylo2na View Post
Again, thanks for the response. After writing my last response, I quickly sent the ac down to 62 and most hygrometers in there read in the 60-62 range (at last count have 15-20 interspersed throughout the humidor). Since we are having abnormally lower temps the next few days, as suggested, I will leave the door open to the walk-in to utilize the outside 40+ temps anticipated for the next few days. As for RH, I really wasnt too concerned about that.
As an aside, dont sell yourself short on the knowledge you are passing out even though it may be rudimentary, as you explain. You have done a great service to all of us who are concerned about this problem; if nothing else, to get our brains working again to understand the logical, systematic process the beetle goes through in its life span. Now, it is up to us to do the checking, and where necessary, implement the correct methods needed to prolong the "life" of our "leafy" charges.
Best,
Ylo2na
I don't know if leaving the door to the humidor vented to the outside like that is a good idea. You could introduce a new set of problems or other insects.

Welcome glad the info helped out a bit.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote