View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #2559
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

SnP,

I am among those that would typically give you a snarky response to a Gurkha inquiry, despite the fact that I sheepishly admit to having enjoyed some in years past.

Snarkiness aside, there is a strong case to be made for abandoning your quest. Even if it is a GREAT cigar...and even if you can find the lone source....and even if they don't charge you an exorbitant price....very few Gurkha cigars are long for this world. You may find your holy grail of cigars early in your adventure...but you will be disappointed because it is highly unlikely you will access a reliable, recurring supply. Worse, you may find Euphoria again a year or two later, and find that while it has the same name, it could be a totally different blend, crushing your enthusiasm for Gurkha and turning you into the same crotchety, cynical Gurkha basher that so many of us have become.