Thread: Hurricane Sandy
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #116
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Joe.... It looks like your summation words were that the "Ala crew got bad info. "

I agree that the Bama crew was given bad info But the msnbc contention is that the Ala crew was lying ("not to be believed" is a handy way of saying "lying". ) I think the crew got the exact information, and in the way it was intended. That doesnt mean the rest of the industry or even other union reps are against non-union help in emergencies. It doesn't mean, however, that I think every union rep out there is above reproach. That was my point behind implying that it would be a shame for one over zealous rep to give the whole effort a black eye. What would be the motivation of the Alabama crew to lie?

I find it telling that the union crews from AlaPowCo were given a different presentation than the non-union crew, which to me points to the truth of their story. So, was it a misunderstanding, a rouge union rep getting pushy? It doesn't matter now, because that crew is no longer in a position to provide help, and I've seen nothing from the NJ IBEW president but a tap and dance story suggesting the crew was not able to understand (implies ignorance).

My comments were directed at the reporters blowing the story off as just another Internet falsehood, and NOT at you. You just happened to have the quote in your post from the msn source that basically said the story was a lie ("don't believe everything you read"). Again, you quoting a source, me responding to that source's quote.