Old 11-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #110
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeobx View Post
NO. This is the best qoute from the MSN artical.

"The lesson here, however, is the same one that parents everywhere teach their children: Don't believe everything you read."

The ALA. crew got some bad info.
Yeah, that must be it. The Non-union crew from the rural co-op got a different story than the union crews from AlaPowCo. Being uneducated, non-union rednecks from Bama, and probably can't even read, I'm sure they just misunderstood the intentions of the union reps!

Interesting enough, the local news station that broke the story reports they are satisfied with the information they gathered from several sources, and stand behind the story. But, we all know MSNBC is the Bastille of creditable reporting, so I'd hang my hat on their word any day. I'm sure the crew from Bama drove all the way up to Virginia BEFORE the storm, spent their time and money, took their chances riding out the storm, just to make up a story to make an over zealous union rep look bad. Sorry, I don't buy the IBEW rep's explanation. My wife and I actually passed the AlaPowCo and the Co-op trucks Saturday before the storm on I-95, headed north on the outskirts of DC, so I know personally they were very near where they said they were, when they said they were.

Last edited by SvilleKid; 11-03-2012 at 11:31 AM.
SvilleKid is offline   Reply With Quote