First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cotinine test/screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
No reason for a new thread -

Our most recent enrollment is now going to require tobacco screening with our normal random drug testing. Else you pay $15/week for tobacco use. What gives?? So $780 a year for me to enjoy a 3-4 cigars per week? This is absurd. Still trying to get my hands around this...
This is common practice now and I've had to declare if I was or was not a smoker on paperwork but never took a test and have never heard a personal account about not being hired because of smoking. I get the rules of the work place and such and even get no smoking on corporate grounds as yeah I smoke cigars but I don't at work and hate smelling people that come back from smoke breaks.

I don't want to "be that guy" but the poster who said "But from an employer's point of view, I can't and won't defend the smokers or the obese." I find in extremely poor taste. Propensity to obesity is genetic and to a person like myself who fought it and fought it and fought it for 25 years before I had to take the only route to "get busy living or get busy dieing" as said in "Shawshank Redemption" is astonishingly ignorant.

To refine, I'm not saying obese need to be defended but to discriminate from complete employment due to it is the same as paying a woman less for doing the same job or not hiring someone because of the color of their skin in my eyes. Prolly why I like sales as you are hero of your own story.