View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Skunks in my yard! What to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
Contact animal control first. Some species of skunk are endangered, so killing one is a federal felony.

Skunks can be trapped and tranquilized (to prevent spraying) easily, and removed to another location more appropriate for their living. They don't really like pepper, mothballs, or ammonia, so there are tons of age old recipes you can cook up and spray around your yard to keep them away.

Considering the discharge of a firearm within a city, incorporated area, or residential area is typically a crime of some form, I would not recommend attempting to eliminate it yourself.
I'm with Silound Chris. They can be easily trapped and transported to another area to be released. In our HOA community here in Valencia, we were having a dense concentration of skunks (and gas). HOA mgmt simply called a company with experience in trapping skunks, and the problem was resolved. A decent size cage is placed out in the area where skunks are seen with an open can of cat food. Next day, skunk is trapped inside and wisked away to another area. Issue resolved