View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #54
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Your favorite album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
Yngwie Malmsteen Marching Out
The Number Of The Beast
.... off the top of my head, but I'm sure there more favorites
Great albums there. Surprised to see someone else into Yngwie. Most people have never heard of him.

For me:

Octavarium - Dream Theater. DT's my favorite band and they have number of albums that are in my top 10 but this one's at the top. I can listen to it over and over. The title track "Octavarium" is one of their epic 20+ min songs, taking you all over the map.

The Odyssey - Symphony X. Symp X follows in the mold of DT, but more straight forward progressive metal. I find it rather interesting that a band could take something like Greek Mythology and turn it into an album.

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree. PT has a number of other really good albums (In Absentia, Signify, Fear of a Blank Planet), but for me this is their go to album. They've been described as a modern day Pink Floyd. I can't say for sure myself as I haven't listened to a lot of Floyd.

Liquid Tension Experiment - Liquid Tension Experiment. A side project of some of the Dream Theater guys, this is a completely instrumental album with loads of jazz fusion influences. There's a song called "3 Minute Warning" that's over 20+ minutes and was recorded in one take. It's a complete improv jam.