Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road
Default Worst contract in pro sports

I started thinking about this when somebody brought up Arod the other day. I didn't realize they had 6 more years left at an average of 25 million. After this season, I can only imagine at 40 years old his production and a salary rivaling the GDP of some smaller countries that this was a bad extension by the Yankees, although with their resources its not likely to hamstring them.

Which is why I'd have to say the worst contract in the history of sports was the Islanders signing Rick DePeitro to a 15 year deal. Who the hell now a days gets a 15 year deal in any sport? Nevermind a guy who is always injured for a team that plays in the worst arena in all of professional sports. This one always flys under the radar usually people think Bobby Bonillia, or JaMarcus Russel, or Alan Houston, or any other number of insanely large contracts, but if you factor in how crippled the Islanders franchise is, with how much this signing is limiting them, I'd have to go with it as the worst contract that in pro sports.