Old 02-22-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Casa Fernandez Miami toro

I've been a fan of this company ever since they were called Tabacalera Tropical, and I'm always interested in trying (and buying) cigars made in the USA.

This is a nice looking cigar. Well-rolled, no lumps, heavy in the hand and an easy draw.

First few draws...spice blast. Full "strength", spice in the nostrils, tangy finish.

About 1" in...spice still present on the draw, wood and floral in the nose, woodsy finish. As I type with the cigar between my teeth, the aroma is quite floral.

About 2" in...a bit of sweetness coming in on the draw, still wood and floral in the nostrils and a woodsy finish. Good burn.

About halfway...the sweetness and spice have mingled together to create what I call a "baking spice" flavor. Quite woodsy on the finish.

A little past halfway...the baking spice flavor has become dominant. Floral flavor and aroma are all but gone. A bit of a liquor flavor has come in on the finish.

Toward the end...liquor flavor has taken center stage, backed by spice. Unsweetened cocoa on the finish. Sweetness, wood, and floral are completely gone. Let 'er die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...this cigar is a winner. I've smoked quite a few of these, and this is the only size I've tried, but I have some lanceros on the way.