View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 AM   #1812
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I am glad you avoided the Canon....I bought two used cams off of B&H 16 months ago.
One was the vaunted and much loved S5 IS at a mere 8MP....Or what I like to call the
last good camera made before it all got MegaPixel crazy. If you read my blog you'd know
that I fell in the river with it up to my neck, dried it out for two days and it works again.

My other camera was the SX1 IS, at that time the supposed summit of P&S long lens
cameras from Canon. And almost as soon as it was out they started disowning it.
THOUSANDS of buyers were getting a debilitating Lens Error issue with it, I had for the
most part avoided it. I do not use mine at the beach or in dusty conditions. But you
could also get the error simply from not USING the camera often enough, [SOMEHOW].
Well after dunking my S5, I thought, 'no biggie, I have my 'good camera". Not so fast.
Lens error, out of warranty, no workee, lucky only that I got it as a 100% refurb and
only paid half of what it was supposedly worth. No more Canons for me, they basically
deny this issue is the fault of the manufacturer. Make sure to check B&H Photo online
before making the buy. You might find a NICE used one, a 100% refurb or a good
price on a new one.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote