View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #32
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Candela- The forgotten wrapper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanithT View Post
I have enjoyed all of the older Dunhill candelas I have smoked, but have not yet tried a modern one. It's on my to-do list, as I can enjoy an appetizing or savory herbal bitterness in a cigar if it is paired with other desirable flavors in good balance.

I generally start thinking about food pairings if I am smoking a light, grassy cigar with a significant (but not out-of-balance or unpleasant) component of herbal bitterness. A good candela or Connecticut shade with a grilled chicken and pineapple/black bean salsa dish, for instance, can really take off. A bad one will just wreck your meal, but I really like these kinds of pairings when the cigar has some merit to it beyond its herbaceous quality.
Ha, would you mind catering a CA cigar dinner? It sounds like you know the best cigar/food/drink pairings!