View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Vinotemp, Edgestar or Avanti... 28 bottler..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
The thermoelectric Vino is hard to beat.

This brings up another good point. Make sure whatever you get is thermoelectric rather than compressor driven. In the compressor driven units the cooling element gets much colder than in the thermoelectric units resulting in way more moisture being condensed out of the air, making it much harder to regulate RH.

Not too long ago Vino had a great deal on the 28 bottle unit - $199 with free shipping. Some others here have since tried contacting them to see if they ever plan to repeat this offer. You might check that out further.
Not necesarily disagreeing with you, cause I have a vino myself. But Scott Shilala has a frigidaire wine cooler with a compressor and has never had any problems with it either. Actually if I aint terribly mistaken he has two of them.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote