View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
barbourjay

Default Pit bull adoption

So about a year ago my fiance's brother got his 2nd pit bull. The first had passed away shortly before and he decided he wanted another. He ended up with a red nose that was very loving and just generally an awesome dog. About the same time we decided to rescue a cat from the humane society and we had been thinking of getting a dog to pair it up with (an english bulldog). About 4 months ago her brother had to give the dog up (financial trouble) and he gave it to a close friend with a farm. The dog tragically was attacked by another dog who had escaped it's owner. The pit didn't fight back till it was near death and it eventually had to be put down. When i heard this i started thinking about getting a pit instead and we started looking around. Last week my fiance went the humane society again and they had some puppies that were a forced surrender to the police. It wasn't a red nose but oh well, I'm very pleased with him. He is turning out to be a great dog besides a little bit of kennel cough that he is on meds for. We aren't going to clip his ears (i had thought about it) but i am slowly crate training him. He is only 9 weeks old but he has already learned a few commands and i can't wait till he gets big. He was the biggest one in the litter. I'm hoping he will be about 100lbs. Here's a crappy cell phone pic

Those three pit's just reinforce what i really believe. It's never the breed and always the owner. Anyone else a pit bull fan?