View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 02:29 AM   #18
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The most reliable lighter

I have a huge collection of lighters floating around.

Several expensive lighters like my ST Dupont, Davidoff, Montecristo (ST knockoff), and a couple Porsche Designs that I carry when I want to flash some style.

Several daily use lighters like my PB-207, my Colibri Reload (absolutely love this lighter, a year and a half, never had a problem with it), two random Xikars (have no idea where they even came from), and a beat up old Porsche PD4 that has seen better days. All of which are day to day use lighters that I pick up and carry around.

Then I have dozens of Ronson's scattered around me. Couple in my truck, tackle boxes, desk, by my keys, couple at work, one right now that I'm modifying on my porch, and a ton of new ones I have stashed somewhere that I can't find....

I'd say get yourself a dozen Ronson's to start with, then maybe graduate into a Blazer or Xikar, then something nicer. Unless you spend a lot of time in company that you really want to impress an image upon, avoid dropping a wad on something really expensive because you'll probably end up managing to scratch your "scratch proof" ST lighter and paying a small fortune to get it repaired! (story for another day...and this is why I keep my good lighters only for use on classy occasions and not during the yard work).