View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #82
whodeeni

Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Wayne, here's a couple of shots from a few years ago. I went through a heirloom tomato phase and grew 40-50 different types. I gave them away to folks at work, friends, and had my dad's garden stacked. Heirlooms don't cross-pollinate retaining specific seeds is quite easy. I ran into some really good tomatoes!

Jamie i was going to ask you used heirloom seeds while reading an earlier post you made, then I came across this qoute! I bought a big thing of heirmloom seeds in '07 from a site called www.survivalseeds.com pretty interesting read. (Based on your experience of buying heirloom seeds was this a good deal or not?) (Thanks in advance for your opinion!)

I'm not sure if the canister is in my garage or not. I really don't have a lot of downtime, but i'm thinking i could maybe mess around with this on weekends. My Father always had gardens when we were growing up, and we used to help him maintain them until we became teenagers. I honestly don't remember most of those lessons anymore, but it can't be that hard to pick back up i'm sure.