View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Col. & Rev.Views - Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior
1) Aesthetics: the look of the tobacco - Flake, light blonde with some brown streaks, beautiful small rectangular flakes. one easily fills my medium sized Peterson.
Score for aesthetics:5.0 just lovely

2) Pre-light Construction: Moist, but not overly so. No topping detected from the sniff test. Very light hay like grassy smell.
Score for Pre-light construction:4.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Burns well. I'll try drying a bit more to see if it makes a difference, but this came out of the bag nice. A little gurgle up front, but a cleaner handled the issue.
Score for post-light construction:3.5

4) Flavor and strength: Virginia. Later learned this is a Vaper, but the Per was very lightly applied. Very light and grassy throughout. Reminds me of Dunhill flake, a straight Va. Smooth and mild. I would have preferred a heavier dose of perique.
Score for flavor and strength:3.0 not to my tastes.

5) Aftertaste/Finish: aftertaste is of champagne. Very light and mild. Seems to be the trinidad of pipe tobacco.
Score for aftertaste 2.5

6) Aroma: more grassy hay. Hot grassy air.
Score for aroma: 2.0

7) General Comments: perhaps a good morning smoke. I love va's and vapers, but this needs some more punch for my tastes. Too "cigarettey" for me.

Avg 3.3 - this is obviously from high quality Virginias. No bite, nothing off-putting. Nothing memorable or impressive either. If you like vapers stick to escudo, though this is priced much more attractively.

Many thanks to the right Rev. for the chance to experience this without having to buy a block in bulk.

Last edited by Col. Kurtz; 07-26-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Col. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote