Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ray Lewis to Retire :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuRon View Post
Tom, i know you are in the law enforcement field, but i still think every person should be given a second chance.. I was given one, and not a day goes by where it doesnt cross my mind.. especially as a motivational piece.. Maybe that is why his situation hits hard for me.. This man has earned the right to live his life and move on.. he has been an upstanding citizen ever since his run-in.. What more does he have to pay? Ive had enough of society rejecting people because of their past.. Its shallow and pathetic.
So I am shallow and pathetic because I don't look past Lewis' past?

And remember O.J. was aquitted....think he is innocent? I am sorry, Ron, in one part you critisize the legal system, in another you quote the "innocent until proven guilty" part....I know you are not naive enough to think that everyone not charged or not convicted is innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuRon
Infact.. why are we having this conversation of social acceptance in a post that was made to celebrate the FOOTBALL career of a first ballot hall of fame football player?

Enough is Enough
I know when some people make a thread, they want it all to go their way, and celebrate their point-of-view. But when you throw it out there, you run the risk of oppposing or divergent points of view. As long as it remains civil, that is part of open discourse...you can't dictate where the conversation goes. Have your say, but allow others to have theirs (within civility) without becoming emotional or adversarial....that's my 1 1/2 cents, and worth every penny.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!