View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palio Cutters Acquired By Other Company

I could not be more happy for Marc. It's great to see an awesome guy rewarded for all he's done for our brotherhood. He's certainly one of the best.

I always fell on the Xikar side of the Palio vs. Xikar conversations, although I've owned a number of Palios. My hands are really big and stupid, and Palios always pinched the web of my thumb and made me bleed and b1tch.

I've been doing business with Quality Importers for a lot of years now, and they are a "cut above" company. Granted, they sell a lot of humidors that don't work so well, but a good humidor costs a lot more than what they charge for them.
They have many, many offerings that are beyond reproach.
Point being, they do have some sense about them.
It'd be silly for them to acquire Palio and let the quality or service slip. There's already a margin there for them to make some coin, and the move will allow a larger margin.

I'm also upset the production has gone to China, but it happens.
I honestly don't know how much Xikar stuff is made in the USA, I've always assumed the cutters were, but never imagined the lighters were.

That concludes my blah, except that the new Xikar xi3 Phantom is totally freakin SICK!!!