View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #29
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What influences your purchase of a new stick? (poll)

I think what first gets my interest is brand loyalty, then I'll ask my buds and see if anyone gave the latest and greatest whatever a shot.
Lots of times I'll cut right to the chase and ask a particular brother
what they think about the cigar I'm considering, because I know so much about what he likes that I know he'll be thinking the same way I would.
That's one of the best parts of sharing cigars with so many brothers. I know I've said this to Todd (revsmoke) before. It makes lots of sense for me to introduce others to things I like so that I can ultimately know what they like, and I can go back and use their brain when mine hasn't been somewhere yet. Plus I can't possibly smoke everything I want, and when he tells me what he thinks, I just plain understand.
So it's BOTL recommendation, but more like specific BOTL recommendation, and when I look for that recommendation, it's with laser-guided precision.