View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Confused new pipe smoker........Too Mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post
first question to you would be: are you still actively smoking cigars within days/hours of smoking your pipes?

if you answer "yes", then i would say that the cigars are so in your face with their flavor delivery that your taste buds can't taste the pipe tobaccos.
may sound odd to you, but trust me... i went from mild aromatics, to cigars for about 5-6 years, then back to pipes. it took me a couple months of not smoking cigars, and only pipes, before i was able to pick up a LOT of the flavors from certain pipe tobaccos.
I'm not an avid pipe smoker, but this applies not only from cigars to pipes, but also from cigarettes to cigars. I recently quit smoking cigarettes (for the second time) and I still can't fully taste all the flavors that a cigar offers right now. I need to be cigarette free for another couple of months before I can truly appreciate a cigar again. I would assume this is very similar to the transition from cigars to pipes. Both are great, but to truly appreciate pipe tobacco, one would probably need to stay away from a cigar for a while before pipe smoking (unless your sticking with aromatics).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote