View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
SilverFox

Default Confused new pipe smoker........Too Mild

I enjoy the pipe in a different way than cigars.

Having said that here is the stable of tobacco's that I have had at least one bowl of so far

Brigham Mixtures
-Morning Pleasure
-English Mixture
-Natural Cavendish
-Commonwealth

Tins
-MacBaren Burley London Mixture
-G.L. Pease Blackpoint
-Ashton Winding Road
-Davidoff English Mixture

Now all of these in my opinion are very very mild on flavor and with the exception of the Ashton and Pease mild to the point of not likely I will smoke them.

Am I alone in this..........is it Aromatics I need to try? I have ordered a bunch of new tins based on strength of flavor and some strong aromatics in hopes of lighting my fire so to speak. I don't care about nic kick.......it doesn't phase me and I don't look for it so that isn't what I am looking for. Also I don't just want a tobacco tasting tobacco (now that just sounds daft) I have many cigars and what I love about them is how one can taste of caramel and coffee and the next tastes of spices and worn leather. I love flavorful cigars but not super spicy (think partagas if you smoke cigars)

I could post the list of tobaccos that I have sent off for but I would really rather here the thoughts of this group...........there appears to be thousands of years of experience on here.........surely I am not the only one that has this issue.

I don't want to give it up................I truly savor the experience.............its the taste and aroma that seems to be missing.