View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone here a Microsoft Access pro? [Plea for help]

Next question! (My previous question was resolved...and then destroyed as they changed their mind about what it should do)

What I'm working on now is creating a report filter via query. I know the reporting portion will be used even if the input section is bypassed in favor of direct interaction with SAP.

I have an IIf statement that looks like this as the criteria portion of a query:
Quote:
IIf([Forms]![frmFILTER-rptAllIncidents]![cboCreateUser]<>"",[Forms]![frmFILTER-rptAllIncidents]![cboCreateUser],Like "*")
What I am having an issue with is the "Like "*"" section of the code. I want it to show all entries in the case of a filter being left blank. I have built a form with various combo boxes and text boxes that is functioning...so long as there's an entry in each. If one is left blank it will always return a blank report.

Is there a different way to have it return all fields? I assumed that having "Like "*"" would return all entries due to * being a wild card in MS Office. My google-fu has failed me on this one
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote