View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone here a Microsoft Access pro? [Plea for help]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
OK. So I slept on it for the night and came in ready to try to fix this error. It stops giving me the "Object Required error if I rearrange the formula from this:

to this:

The issue is that the DLookup is still not functioning.

SO...what I have done instead is set up a separate, hidden set of checkboxes that will run as soon as the user opens the form. It will populate the checkboxes from tblUserPCE/tblUserDisposition into frmNewUser.

I copy/pasted the exact DLookups that weren't functioning before...and now they work perfectly.

This is a temporary, ugly fix. There is some issue with my syntax. I do not understand why it is not accepted Dlookup()=Yes and is instead forcing Yes=Dlookup(). I also do not understand why Yes=Dlookup() breaks the DLookup()

In summary: Access sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
That really is strange. Usually in VB/VBA you have to have your variable on the left. I manage a word template here at work with TONS of lines of code. We use it for a complex exam the physical therapists do. I too have to use hidden fields in order to get the darn thing to work right. VBA really is a b***h to work with.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote