View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:55 AM   #429
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: pnoon's what cigar did you smoke today VII?

God of Fire 2013 Carlito - another straggler left over from my last vacation. Generally speaking, God of Fires are very nice but they do not justify the price tag whatsoever, I've found this is the case with most extra premium cigars. I've had much nicer smokes by taking regular premium (or even some budget) cigars that I already know I like, and giving them at least a year in the humidor before smoking.
To my knowledge, the God of Fire offers two different wrappers, the Carlito and Don Carlos and for my money, the Don Carlos wrapper kicks the Carlito's butt. The Don Carlos offers much more complexity and seems to make the blend a touch stronger body wise.
That said, the Carlito is still nice and offers a lot in terms of a breakfast/first of the day cigar. Starts off with sweet hay/grassy notes (good grass not the bad kind) and transitions in to earthy, caramel notes with a touch of spice. Good stuff but will not be buying more of these unless I find them *heavily* discounted.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote