View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: L4 & L5 disc herniation

Been there, done that, got the tshirt too.

I've dealt with herniations at L3-6 on and off for years. One episode was so bad, I had one at each location, going in opposite directions. Thought that one would require surgery. I barely was able to lie flat enough in the MRI.

Six plus weeks of physical therapy got me to about 75-80%. I then worked on my own for another couple months to get as near 100% as I'll ever be.

Stretching the neck muscles multiple times a day helps. While sitting, bend your head to the side, like you're trying to touch your ear to your shoulder. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat for other side. Do 3x per side. Also do a similar same stretch, but this time your head turned 45 deg, with your chin down to your chest. Again hold for 30 seconds and repeat each side, 3x.

Get on a ibuprofen regime too. Keep it up. Eventually the muscles will loosen up.