View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasy Football for stakes and the Troops

I created a Yahoo League, it's mostly default, but I adjusted the scoring for high points and maximum fun.
Only ten players.
Buy in will be five premiums ($40.00 value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver for the troops.
Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and 50 smokes to the troops.
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, I've done it a couple times before.
I will personally put together a fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops".
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.

Live Draft will be Saturday September 4th at 8:00pm. If you can't attend, your players will be picked for you by yahoo in the order of player ranking.

Only ten guys will be playing, I'll send invites to those who sign up.
1. shilala
2. Sofaman

Please give a lot of thought to the "extra" prizes. Not to belabor the point, but this league is gonna cost you some smokes if it's going to be successful, especially for the troops. So take that into consideration very seriously.
If you're a gamer, you could end up buying a number of bundles for the troops if you lose weekly bets. Or you could end up making us other knuckleheads buy lots of smokes for the troops.
It's gonna take up some of your time, and a good amount of smack talking.
I'll create a banter thread once we get all signed up and get the league going.
I honestly think this will be the funnest league EVER!!!