LooseCard
not wrapped too tight....

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
RyJ
LooseCard will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shed a few, with some friends

Thanks Ed, Dan, and E.J.; and Adam
As we're using Weight Watchers to re-train ourselves, there tools are a great added bonus.

From your suggestions above....
- Drink a LOT of water
=> That one I know, and am trying to get myself back there. With school and home, I've been 'off' lately on a few things.
- Increase your protein intake
=> I'm trying, but it's tough to do when I'm eating almost double that of my diet partners. But I do have more, and remind them of the difference as needed.
- Due any sort of exercise as it will boost your metabolism and in my case my self esteem as well
=> I'm just getting to there. I was taking the ladies for walks at the Mall or the like, but things were off this week. We're starting, but taking it small for now.
- Spread your calorie intake. Dinner should not be your biggest meal
=> This has been my biggest issue. I've been working on this, and Tracking with WW is helping a lot to balance this.
- Try not to eat past 6pm
=> That won't work. Twice a week are very late nights, and our WW meeting starts at 6 for a 3rd late dinner. I just need to watch my volume and values (caloric/WW-points) on those eves.
- Lower your sodium intake
=> Thankfully, I've always been a lower-sodium person. And now that we're not eating as much 'processed' or 'prepared' foods, it should help even more
- Eat better, and avoid what everyone knows is bad (soda, fast food)
=> Yep. LOTS MORE VEGGIES. Salads regularly, and Carrots as a snack.
- Create an emergency low calorie menu in the case you have no choice but to go to a fast food joint. IE. know what is the healtheiest choices in the menus
=> A big benefit of the WW plan, is access to their web-data for most area restaurants.
- Track your daily calorie intake and exercise routine
=> That's a definite. WW provides an e-tool for us to simplify it.
- Contrary to popular belief, I weigh myself daily (i'm aware of fluctuations so I dont let it get to me, but by looking at the scale daily it keeps me focus)
=> That's a goal, so to speak. I'm too big for most scales, without buying a 'specialty' scale... I'm figuring sometime in April for that, currently.
- if you weigh yourself every day (which I do when I go on gym kicks) do it in the morning and at the same time everyday.
=> That's the same thing I've been telling the ladies. Always good advice.

And thanks for all of those suggestions.

Last edited by LooseCard; 03-14-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo, and another posting while I typed
LooseCard is offline   Reply With Quote