View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
TheRuckus13

Default Re: When did you first 'notice' cigars?

By time I made my way to high school I was sent to a school for kids rejected from the normal cities high school, alternative. Every kid was really rough and the school actually had 15 minute smoke breaks between classes where the teachers actually let everyone smoke in the parking lot. It was nuts, standing around 300 people all smoking cigarettes at 15 years old and the adults didn't say a thing. After awhile I got use to it, and then out of the blue during a break someone lit a Black and Mild. I find them disgusting -now- but at the time it was so refreshing compared to the cigarette smoke that I had never been down with. After awhile I tried one, then a swisher, and before you knew it maybe twice a week I would enjoy one.

Well, high school was long ago. I gave up on the little gas station sticks too, but I've always been on the fence about trying real hand rolled cigars. One night I hung out with my cousin who is younger than me and he opened up a humidor full of different types of Don Tomas cigars, and told me to take whatever I wanted. Needless to say, I've been hooked since then.