View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #2
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who makes or made these cigars?

Did search for World Cigars Inc. and found this:

"The 5 Vegas brand (supposedly pronounced “Cinco Vegas”) has an interesting history even though it hasn’t been around very long. It was created in the boom years by World Cigars, Inc., and produced by Kiki Berger in Esteli, Nicaragua. The name evidently came from a story about 5 tobacco growers who came together to produce a single blend.

But like many of the Boom cigars it did not survive into the 21st century. Like Cupido, another of Berger’s blends I was fond of, 5 Vegas was eventually closed out. Keith Meier of Cigars International bought up the rest of the 5 Vegas inventory and scooped up the trademark while he was at it.

Today it is one of CI’s best selling brands, and the full bodied “Series A” line is getting a lot of attention. The old Nicaraguans are now gone, and I hear the new ones are now made by Nestor Plasencia in Honduras.

The information from CI is that this is a three-country blend, though it does not say which three countries, with the exception of the wrapper which is a Costa Rican maduro. It goes on to say that the tobaccos are aged for four years, and the cigars are aged six months further after they are rolled. They are then dressed up nicely in gold and black bands and wrapped in a sheath of cedar."