View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Room Note Tobaccos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
Just on the leading edge of learning to smoke a pipe after many years of cigars.
Not giving up cigars just adding this to the enjoyment of the leaf.
I never smoke cigars inside but I understand there are some pipe tobaccos that can be smoked inside without the lingering smoke smells or they are pleasant smells.

Am I wrong in this understanding and if not what brands can be easily enjoyed in a living room for example?
They're called aromatics and there are thousands of them. Some of them can be pretty light in the taste department if you're used to cigars, like I am. There are also "crossovers"; English blends with some flavoring components, like G.L. Pease Barbary Coast, which has a pleasant room note. A regular aromatic that I like is Comoy's Cask Nš2 Portwood: good clean tobacco flavors with hints of chocolate, vanilla and port wine, very nice room note. I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will check in with more suggestions and info.