Thread: Shilala's Beads
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shilala's Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Are all the beads the same size as the grit that comes out of the bags, or is that just some particulate dust that will eventually stop getting everywhere?
Yeah, it's dust. It sucks, I hate it.
Eventually all the dust works it's way out and they quit making a mess.
Best thing to do is sit them on a plate or in a box or something to isolate the mess.
I bounce them in my hand to clean them, but the seams are so delicate I have to be very careful.
When I make these things, I use rubbermaid containers with about 10 pounds in each container. I dump them back and forth from like three feet in the air and let the wind carry off the dust and chaff.
I do it for as long as I can physically stand it, but they still have dust.

I should start making little cedar trays to sit the bags in. That would be brilliant. It'd suck making them though.