View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #27
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Do you do what you love for work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones ... totally love my job ... look forward to it every day.

I've made it to the top of my profession after 32 years. Sure, the pay is nice and everyone treats me like I know what I'm doing. However, the best part is that I'm at that point in my career where I can pick and choose what I want to do and delegate the rest to someone else. Love the hard stuff, the challenging stuff, the kind of stuff that totally absorbs you. The job is pretty stressful but I seem to thrive on it. I'd hate to have one of those jobs where you watched the clock. If anything, I don't seem to have enough hours in my day.

The one danger of my job is that it can consume you 24/7 if you let it. I really try to leave everything at work but I know better. It's always there. I'm always thinking about some problem or idea. I usually don't talk about it at home, but after a long weekend, I chomping at the bit to get back to work.
This is probably pretty close for me, too, been in healthcare administration since 1987. I love the challenge, the innovation, and the knowledge that the work I do is making a difference not only in the business side of the industry, but also at the bedside.

On the other hand, is it really my passion & calling? Probably not. If I could be doing the one thing in the world that I feel passionate about, I would be running my own craft brewery and producing my own recipes commercially on a mass scale. But I figure I still have time for that.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote