View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #85
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread 2011-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
Wow!!! Great, up-and-down game for the 'Heels and Cats! One thing that surprised me was that KY never got into team foul trouble in the 2nd, but the Heels had UK shooting freebies, which helped out. Really fun game to watch. Fantastic ball played on both sides.

I really thought Fl and Vandy would get a win, but ya gotta play all game.
I'm still licking my wounds, so can't comment much more on Heels/'Cats yet. As for Gators and Comms, I'm personally not all that surprised at the outcomes. Although I'm not convinced either Syracuse or Louisville are as good as their rankings, I have started to conclude that the early evidence leads one to believe the SEC is as "top-heavy" as is the ACC, while neither Vandy nor Florida have yet demonstrated they are all that good. That could change before the season's over, however . . . it's early December after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Great game between NC and UK!! Kinda disappointed that after Hinson had his shot blocked in the final seconds, the Tarheels just gave up...with like 5 seconds left.
I'm at work, Mac, so you'd know better than me. All I will say is that the outcome was about what I expected, being a tight one going either way.

I suppose I could add, were I of a mind, that Carolina won a tight one in Chapel Hill last year only to fall to UK in the Elite Eight. Maybe turnaround will be fair play.