First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevim View Post
Not truly a bourbon, but....

Stopped by a friends the other night to help with computer issues. Turned out to be a bit more wrestling than I had thought it would be over the phone. Which it always seems to be. After getting done, he asks if I'm still drinking Crown. Of course I do! Thought he may be offering a drink, since he has a fully stocked bar.

Instead he hands me the familiar Purple box. But then he drops this on me...."That bottle is probaly as old as you are"....Uh, ok.....Seems he found a couple of unopened bottles of Crown in his dad's bar, from 1976!

Wow, I was blown away. Opening the box, it has a paper band over the cap "Canadian excise" and the year "1976". Label design is similar to curent except, the Waterloo factory was still in the mix. The taste is much smoother than a new bottle, and the color is much lighter. A delicious couple of fingers gone, and a bottle to be treasured.

I know that hard liquor doesn't age per say, so I have to atribute this to the Waterloo being in there. And we all know the only way to get Waterloo now is in the XR, crazy expensive stuff.
Awesome man! Yah i did read a bit on the only aging a bourbon gets is when its in the barrel, But still when its bottled there is a little "Angels Share" that evaporates off... so if anything it may be that much more concentrated... Or atleast i would think.. Def. something that would be interested passing around a herf