View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 08:11 AM   #2934
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Once again I agree with Tom, haven't tried the toast but I probably won't, the regular was a very brief intro bourbon for me until I learned more about proof and more flavorful bourbons. I got the dark rye as a gift from the wife a couple years ago, I'm not sure what to do with it since I can't drain pour it, I've been thinking about making a cocktail that uses a splash of it but it would take a lot of cocktails to get through it.

If you want to stay on the Beam train, I can't recommend Knob Creek loud enough. The regular shelf bottle (should be $30ish), the 12 year (a little harder to find but it's around, probably $50) and store picks ($50-60, usually 9-10 years, higher proof at 120 vs 100 for the others) are all going to treat you really well. I love wheaters myself, if you can't find Weller Special Reserve give the Maker's a shot, 46 is really solid. Also regular Buffalo Trace, store picks can be really great but shelf bottles will get the job done too. It's an exciting time, take brief notes on likes and dislikes as you go and enjoy yourself!